The vision of the Arc of East Ascension is to see a future for people with disabilities that is all-inclusive and ensures a quality of life through education, employment, family/community involvement, housing, recreation and access to services.
We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of excellence in service provision for individuals with developmental disabilities and the elderly throughout our community.
The Arc of East Ascension, the oldest and largest nonprofit agency based in Ascension Parish, is continually striving to meet the needs of persons with disabilities by expanding and improving services.
The Arc of East Ascension is committed to:
- Developing and expanding both progressive and enabling opportunities.
- Educating, advising and counseling individuals and/or families in the identification of issues pertaining to developmental disabilities and, when appropriate, resolving such issues and problems.
- Educating the public through an information and referral process.
- Identifying, utilizing and cooperating with community resources to facilitate and maximize our common purpose and directive.
- Encouraging and developing diverse citizen relationships.